- Turner Center Bridge Replacement
Turner & Greene, ME
- Portland International Jetport
- Waldo County Ferry Terminals
Isleboro and Lincolnville, ME
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Elementary School
- Exit 15, I-295 US-1 Interchange, Park and Ride Facility
- Great Falls Elementary School
- Ferry Terminal Improvements
- West End Waterfront Support Facility (Building 174)
Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Kittery, ME
- Mixed-Use Project
- Long Creek Restoration
South Portland, ME
- Mount Blue Learning Campus
- Lake Region High School, Vocational Center and Bus Garage
- Thornton Academy Athletic Facilities
- Mercy Hospital Relocation
- Piper Shores Congregate Care Community
- Hyacinth Place
- Tidewater Farm and Tidewater Village
- USM-Gorham Campus
- Village Green
About this Project
Maine DOT asked FST to evaluate the adequacy of existing pier facilities at Peaks Island to handle new, larger ferry boats. Part of the City of Portland, Peaks Island is a small island located in Casco Bay, whose residents rely on the ferry service as their link with Portland and the rest of the mainland.
FST determined that an entirely new facility would be required, and was retained by DOT to design the new complex.
FST completed new berthing piers, dolphins, a transfer bridge, pedestrian shelters, and other related shore improvements, and provided construction phase services.
Owner: Maine Department of Transportation
Location: Peaks Island, City of Portland, Maine
Highlights: Following this successful project, FST was asked to design additional transfer bridges at Bass Harbor and Swans Island ferry terminals in Penobscot Bay.