- Turner Center Bridge Replacement
Turner & Greene, ME
- Portland International Jetport
- Waldo County Ferry Terminals
Isleboro and Lincolnville, ME
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Elementary School
- Exit 15, I-295 US-1 Interchange, Park and Ride Facility
- Great Falls Elementary School
- Ferry Facility Improvements
Peaks Island, ME
- Ferry Terminal Improvements
- West End Waterfront Support Facility (Building 174)
Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Kittery, ME
- Mixed-Use Project
- Long Creek Restoration
South Portland, ME
- Mount Blue Learning Campus
- Lake Region High School, Vocational Center and Bus Garage
- Thornton Academy Athletic Facilities
- Mercy Hospital Relocation
- Piper Shores Congregate Care Community
- Hyacinth Place
- Tidewater Farm and Tidewater Village
- USM-Gorham Campus
About this Project
Village Green is a multi-phased, mixed-use residential development located in Cumberland, Maine. The proposed development was a collaborative effort in response to a Town initiative to create a mixed-use development on Town-owned land, designed to create a mixed-use development integrated with the surrounding neighborhoods and civic uses, to promote a village setting with pedestrian interconnections, trails, etc.
The first phase of the project included 58 residential house lots on approximately 41-acres of land. The infrastructure improvements to support the project included approximately 1-mile of access road with underground utilities (sewer, water, electrical, natural gas, etc.). The project also included a new sewerage pump station constructed to Portland Water District standards.
The second phase of the project included the conversion and expansion of a former elementary school into 35 units of senior housing. Site improvements included new entry and drop-off loop with resident parking as well as streetscape improvements along Drowne Road to create formalized on-street parallel parking with pedestrian sidewalks.
Permit approvals for the project included Town of Cumberland Contract Zoning, Site Plan\Subdivision Approval; MeDEP Site Location of Development Act and Natural Resource Protection Act Permits; and ACOE Federal Wetland Permit.
Client: Village Green Cumberland LLC
Location: Cumberland, Maine
Highlights: Fay, Spofford & Thorndike provided conceptual planning for the overall Master Plan as well as final design, permitting and construction phase services for the first two phases of the Village Green development.