- Design-Build Owner’s Representative, Runway End 33L Safety Improvements
Logan International Airport, East Boston, MA
- Restoration of the Cape Cod Rail Trail
Harwich to Wellfleet, MA
- Conley Terminal
Massachusetts Port Authority, Boston, MA
- Water Pollution Control Facility
- Sagamore Rotary Grade Separation
- Plymco Mill Brownfield Restoration
- Bedford Pavement Management
- MWRA Pump Stations
- Improvements to Water Pollution Control Facility & Remote Pumping Stations
- 3-D Visualization, Burns Bridge
- Mystic River Reservation Trail
- Bay Street Bridge Replacement/Morey's Dam
- Black Falcon Terminal
South Boston, MA
- Terminal Slip Improvements
- Training Ship Berth Rehabilitation
Buzzards Bay, MA
- Highland Commons
Hudson and Berlin, MA
- Terminal B Garage at Logan
Logan International Airport
- Bradley Palmer Lighting
- VA Administration Cryogenics Bio-Repository Facility
Jamaica Plain, MA
- HVAC Improvements and Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Greater Lawrence Sanitary District
- Photovoltaic System
Deer Island Treatment Plant
- South Street Roundabout
- UV Disinfection, Water Treatment Plant
- Logan Airport Connector East Boston Greenway
East Boston, MA
- Fitch's Bridge
- CSX Bridge Bundle #3 Design-Build
Central and Western MA
- Tobin Bridge Structural Modeling and Analysis
- Central Artery/Tunnel
- I-495 Corridor Transportation Study
- Nonantum Road Improvements
- Bremen Street Park East Boston Greenway
East Boston, MA
- Pine Banks Park
- Traffic Signal & Intersection Improvements at Route 105
- Blue Line Station Improvements MBTA
- Water Mains Rehabilitation
Fall River, MA
- Queset Commons
- Former Dry Cleaners - Framingham, Mass.
- Gasoline Filling/Service Station - Newton, Mass.
- Former Dry Cleaners - Medford, Mass.
- Former Dry Cleaners - Waltham, Mass.
- Former Bernat Mill
- Former Reuping East Facility, EPA Brownfield Site
- Former Footwear Manufacturing Facility
- Gasoline Filling Station - Sherborn, Mass.
- Brownfields Cleanup
- Herter Hall HVAC Upgrades
- USS Constitution
- Maplewood Park
- Little Mystic Channel (BOS019) CSO Storage Facility
- Bernese Street Pumping Station
- North Dorchester Bay CSO Facilities
North Dorchester Bay, MA
- Morrissey Boulevard Drainage Improvements
- Hopkinton Pavement Management
- Stormwater Pump Station
East Boston, MA
- Drawbridge Over Annisquam River
- Logan Express Parking Garage
- Water System Improvements
- Waterworks Services
- Lynnfield-Saugus Pipeline
Lynnfield & Saugus, MA
- Wachusett Aqueduct Pumping Station
- Northborough Water System Master Plan
- Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- Intermodal Transportation Facility
- Ultraviolet Disinfection
- Gloucester Water Works
- Technical Assistance, John J. Carroll Water Treatment Plant
- Security Improvements
Deer Island, Boston Harbor, MA
- Pumping Station Generator
- Backup Power Generator at Call Center
University of Massachusetts - Worcester, MA
- Planet Aid Site Remediation
- As-Needed Services
- Subdivision Review Services
- Winterberry Hills Development
- Brandywine Village 40B Development
- Investigating Water Leaks
- River Street Bridge Replacement
- Rain Garden
- Water System Asset Management
- Fire Protection & Water Systems
- Railroad Lane Area Improvements
- Maple Street and Maple Avenue Roadway Improvements
- Reserved Channel Construction Administration
- Morton Street Bridge
- Kenneth F. Burns Memorial Bridge
Worcester - Shrewsbury, MA
About this Project
Under contract to Massport, FST completed preliminary and final design of the East Boston/Chelsea Bypass Road. FST’s work began with the preparation of preliminary design drawings (30%) and construction documents for the construction of the haul road from Frankfort Street at Logan International Airport to Chelsea Street in East Boston.
FST provided a full complement of construction phase services including inspection of civil construction, retaining walls, roadway drainage, streetlighting, and the pumping station and equipment. FST provided review of technical submittals from the Contractor for general compliance with the contract documents.
As part of these construction phase services, FST has also:
- Reviewed and responded to Requests for Information (RFI) generated by the Contractor
- Reviewed “Base Schedule” and monthly schedule updates as prepared by the Contractor.
- Conducted the weekly/bi-weekly job meetings, prepared and distributed the minutes.
- Provided review of monthly requisitions as submitted by the Contractor. This included verifications of unit price and lump sum quantities.
- Provided review of change orders submitted by the Contractor.
- Obtained warranties, certifications, O&M packages, and test results. Prepared closeout punch list items.
- Reviewed Contractor prepared as-built drawings.
- Coordinated with subconsultants and abutting owners.
- Prepared daily and weekly construction reports.
Owner: Massachusetts Port Authority
Location: East Boston and Chelsea, Massachusetts
Highlights: An article in the local paper from November 30, 2012, marking the opening of the road, reported: “The opening of the Martin A. Coughlin Bypass Road marks a significant milestone in Massport’s commitment to minimize Logan Airport’s impact on our East Boston neighbors,” said Massport CEO Thomas Glynn. “Thousands of airport-related commercial vehicles will no longer use East Boston’s streets. Massport is proud to make Mr. Coughlin’s vision a reality for East Boston.”