Private Companies Projects:
- Hess Service Station Development
- Terminal Slip Improvements
- Highland Commons
Hudson and Berlin, MA
- HVAC Improvements and Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Greater Lawrence Sanitary District
- Pennichuck Water Treatment Plant
- Renaissance Office Park Development
East Setauket, NY
- Plainfield Station, New Jersey Transit
- Westfield Station Temporary Railroad Trestle
- Retail Clients
- Queset Commons
- Traffic Impact Statement, Meadows Smart Growth Development Project
- Former Dry Cleaners - Framingham, Mass.
- Former Dry Cleaners - Waltham, Mass.
- Planet Aid Site Remediation
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Winterberry Hills Development
- Brandywine Village 40B Development
- Thornton Academy Athletic Facilities
- Mercy Hospital Relocation
- Piper Shores Congregate Care Community
- Hyacinth Place
- Tidewater Farm and Tidewater Village
- Village Green
About this Project
FST completed the civil and site design for a mixed-use project for the Federated Companies in Portland. The project was originally designed to have four 13-story towers for 800 residential units, 100,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space and two parking garages for 1,200 vehicles. Following public debate, the project has been scaled down to four six-story towers and one parking garage.
The complex, branded as "midtown," is a 715,000 square foot mixed-use project located on the Portland peninsula. The revised project is comprised of 445 apartments, 91,542 square feet of direct access retail space, parking for 801 cars and 176 bicycles, and a public art program featuring in interactive sculpture park and mural installations from internationally known street artists.
Owner: Federated Companies
Location: Portland, Maine
Highlights: A key resiliency measure is that the site is being elevated to mitigate the impact of rising sea levels in the Portland area.