Private Companies Projects:
- Hess Service Station Development
- Terminal Slip Improvements
- Highland Commons
Hudson and Berlin, MA
- HVAC Improvements and Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Greater Lawrence Sanitary District
- Renaissance Office Park Development
East Setauket, NY
- Plainfield Station, New Jersey Transit
- Westfield Station Temporary Railroad Trestle
- Retail Clients
- Queset Commons
- Traffic Impact Statement, Meadows Smart Growth Development Project
- Former Dry Cleaners - Framingham, Mass.
- Former Dry Cleaners - Waltham, Mass.
- Planet Aid Site Remediation
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Winterberry Hills Development
- Brandywine Village 40B Development
- Mixed-Use Project
- Thornton Academy Athletic Facilities
- Mercy Hospital Relocation
- Piper Shores Congregate Care Community
- Hyacinth Place
- Tidewater Farm and Tidewater Village
- Village Green
About this Project
The Pennichuck Water Works treatment plant experienced difficulty meeting the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act. To provide the most complete, cost effective, and environmentally sustainable solution, FST completed a pilot study, a facilities evaluation and design of three construction contracts.
FST's integrated approach included the first installation of in-reservoir treatment in New Hampshire to improve water quality at the source. These techniques have resulted in improved water quality, reducing the quantity of chemicals required for proper treatment. Facility improvements included a unique approach to rehabilitating the clarification system and doubling the number of filters to increase the treatment capacity, all within the existing building footprint. Nearly every treatment process was replaced while maintaining operation of the only source of drinking water for PWW customers.
All improvements to the water treatment plant were performed to meet the client's goals while minimizing impact to the environment. Many sustainable design components were included.
Owner: Pennichuck Water Works, Inc.
Location: Nashua, New Hampshire
Project Highlights: The Pennichuck project included New Hampshire's first installation of in-reservoir treatment to improve water quality at the source. It was also an ACEC Massachusetts Gold Award Winner and Finalist for the Grand Conceptor Award in 2010.