Private Companies Projects:
- Hess Service Station Development
- Terminal Slip Improvements
- Highland Commons
Hudson and Berlin, MA
- HVAC Improvements and Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Greater Lawrence Sanitary District
- Pennichuck Water Treatment Plant
- Renaissance Office Park Development
East Setauket, NY
- Plainfield Station, New Jersey Transit
- Westfield Station Temporary Railroad Trestle
- Retail Clients
- Queset Commons
- Traffic Impact Statement, Meadows Smart Growth Development Project
- Former Dry Cleaners - Framingham, Mass.
- Former Dry Cleaners - Waltham, Mass.
- Planet Aid Site Remediation
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Winterberry Hills Development
- Brandywine Village 40B Development
- Mixed-Use Project
- Thornton Academy Athletic Facilities
- Mercy Hospital Relocation
- Hyacinth Place
- Tidewater Farm and Tidewater Village
- Village Green
About this Project
Piper Shores is a large congregate care and assisted living community located near the Higgins Beach area in Scarborough, Maine. The retirement community was developed in two phases. The initial phase included the construction of the larger, main complex containing the assisted living and nursing facilities. The second phase included the development of 40 independent living cottages (Completed in 2001).
Fay, Spofford & Thorndike (formerly operating as DeLuca-Hoffman Associates, Inc.) provided design, permitting and construction phase services for the development of a large congregate care and assisted living community off Spurwink Road in Scarborough, Maine. The project is sited on a parcel containing approximately 130 acres of land that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. The civil site work included construction of 6,100 linear feet of access roads, 300 vehicular parking spaces, utility infrastructure extensions for public water supply, two stormwater retention facilities and an onsite sewage pump station with private force main for extension to the municipal sewer system.
Permit approvals for the project included Town of Scarborough Site Plan/Subdivision Approval in accordance with the contract zone for the parcel, as well as Maine Department of Environmental Protection Site Location of Development Act and Natural Resources Protection Act permits.
Client: Maine Life Care Retirement Community
Location: Scarborough, ME
Highlights: FST has provided ongoing service to Piper Shores since its inception (circa 2000), including site design and permitting for three recent building and parking expansions, and is currently working on a 30 unit expansion to the assisted living facilities (Spring 2015).