Private Companies Projects:
- Hess Service Station Development
- Terminal Slip Improvements
- Highland Commons
Hudson and Berlin, MA
- HVAC Improvements and Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Greater Lawrence Sanitary District
- Pennichuck Water Treatment Plant
- Renaissance Office Park Development
East Setauket, NY
- Westfield Station Temporary Railroad Trestle
- Retail Clients
- Queset Commons
- Traffic Impact Statement, Meadows Smart Growth Development Project
- Former Dry Cleaners - Framingham, Mass.
- Former Dry Cleaners - Waltham, Mass.
- Planet Aid Site Remediation
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Winterberry Hills Development
- Brandywine Village 40B Development
- Mixed-Use Project
- Thornton Academy Athletic Facilities
- Mercy Hospital Relocation
- Piper Shores Congregate Care Community
- Hyacinth Place
- Tidewater Farm and Tidewater Village
- Village Green
About this Project
Prismatic Development Corporation turned to FST for assistance with the construction of the Plainfield High Level Station Platform. FST completed both value engineering and supplemental engineering designs.
When the contractor was unable to purchase precast concrete decking units for use as the high level platform floor deck and a similar precast concrete skirt to be suspended from the edge of the deck, alternate designs were completed by FST using cast-in-place concrete elements. The suspended precast concrete skirt was replaced with a freestanding wall that required details including a masonry face.
Plainfield Station has an historic 19th century canopy. Construction of a new stair access to an existing pedestrian tunnel required underpinning several canopy column foundations. These supports were designed by FST.
FST also completed the planning and details of a trailer to be used for a temporary ticket sales office. This included siting the trailer, providing foundation design, layout of interior walls, accessories for ADA compliance, and emergency lighting. FST designed a 75 ft long timber approach ramp to access the trailer in accordance with ADA requirements.
Owner: Prismatic Development Company (Client)
Location: Plainfield, New Jersey