About this Project
The Maple Street and Maple Avenue Roadway Improvements project is located in the village center of the Town of Chester.
Following a field visit by experienced FST staff, FST recommended and designed improvements that included:
- Reclamation and replacement of 1,000 linear feet of roadway.
- Replacement of 10 new catch basins and piping.
- Replacement of all cement concrete sidewalks on both roadways.
- New MAAB and ADA compliant cement concrete sidewalk curb cuts, ramps and crossings at the intersection of Main and Maple Street, and Maple Street and Maple Avenue.
- Reset all existing granite curbing and install new granite curbing where none exists.
Owner: Town of Chester
Location: Chester, Massachusetts
Highlights: The improvements were required to improve safety and accessibility for drivers and pedestrians due to the substandard conditions of the surface infrastructure.