About this Project
Fay, Spofford & Thorndike (FST) acted as a subconsultant to assist Regional School Unit #9 with the master planning, design, permitting, and construction monitoring services for the renovation and expansion of their campus facilities in Farmington, Maine. The project included renovation and expansion of the existing building, reconstruction of parking facilities, construction of a new running track, multipurpose fields, tennis courts, baseball and softball fields, and a competition field.
The major elements of the project included:
- Securing project permits, including local Site Plan Approval and MeDEP Site Location of Development Permit.
- Construction of a new natural turf competition field (for football and soccer) including new stadium lighting and bleacher seating for up to 1,000 spectators. The turf field includes a drainage layer, irrigation system and related drainage measures.
- Construction of a new running track, including a Plexitrac poly-resin running track surface system.
- New discus, shot put, high jump, and pole vault facilities.
- Construction of five new tennis courts.
- New softball and baseball fields.
- New offsite natural turf multi-purpose field suitable for soccer, lacrosse, and field hockey.
- Construction of new irrigation facilities for all athletic fields.
Client: RSU #9
Location: Farmington, Maine
Highlights: The project included construction of a new natural turf competition field (for football and soccer) with new stadium lighting and bleacher seating for up to 1,000 spectators. The turf field includes a drainage layer, irrigation system and related drainage measures.