- Morton Street Bridge
- Turner Center Bridge Replacement
Turner & Greene, ME
- Cross Road over the Pemigewasset River
- I-95 Safety Improvements
- Bay Street Bridge Replacement/Morey's Dam
- Drawbridge Over Annisquam River
- Englewood Avenue Bridge Replacement
- CSX Bridge Bundle #3 Design-Build
Central and Western MA
- Fitch's Bridge
- Kenneth F. Burns Memorial Bridge
Worcester - Shrewsbury, MA
- Tobin Bridge Structural Modeling and Analysis
- River Street Bridge Replacement
- Broad Street Parkway
- Sagamore Creek Bridge
- Highway Bridge Design Services for NY25 over I-495 Bridge Rehabilitation
About this Project
FST developed an interactive Adobe Flash presentation, including renderings and animation, for a design-build technical proposal shortlist interview and a public meeting. Our 3D models included lighting studies that incorporated daylight shadows and aesthetic bridge lighting renderings. FST used physically accurate sun/sky properties and manufacturer-supplied Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) files to generate highly accurate renderings.
The model was ultimately used for conflict/clash detection with utilities and many structural components. An animation was also used to demonstrate the construction schedule and methods for construction, including the innovative use of a "perched" pier cap.
Location: Worcester-Shrewsbury, Mass.
Highlights: Design-Build construction method required significant foresight and meticulous planning among all team members to complete the project on time.MassDOT monitors the project with a camera that takes a still photo every 15 minutes. You can find it here.