Hazardous Waste Projects:
- Former Dry Cleaners - Framingham, Mass.
- Gasoline Filling/Service Station - Newton, Mass.
- Plymco Mill Brownfield Restoration
- Gasoline Filling Station - Sherborn, Mass.
- Planet Aid Site Remediation
- Former Dry Cleaners - Waltham, Mass.
- Former Footwear Manufacturing Facility
- Brownfields Cleanup
About this Project
FST performed a Brownfield assessment at a former historic woolen textile mill site situated along the Mumford River. After a devastating fire, the on-site mill was razed. An estimated 20,000 gallons of mineral oil was released in the fire and entered the river. FST performed an MCP Phase II investigation for soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediments, as well as an evaluation of human health and ecological risk. The results of the Phase II investigation were used to support preparation of a Class A-2 Response Action Outcome Statement to achieve regulatory closure.
Owner: Private Developer
Location: Uxbridge, Massachusetts
Highlights: The redeveloped site is expected to be an anchor property for the biotechnology industry as part of the Blackstone Revitalization Corridor Initiative.