Wastewater Treatment Facilities Projects:
- HVAC Improvements and Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Greater Lawrence Sanitary District
- Water Pollution Control Facility
- Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- North Dorchester Bay CSO Facilities
North Dorchester Bay, MA
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Odor Control
Babylon, Long Island, New York
- Ultraviolet Disinfection
- Security Improvements
Deer Island, Boston Harbor, MA
Other Integrated Water Management Projects
About this Project
As part of a Comprehensive Wastewater Management Study, FST conducted a detailed evaluation of equipment, structures and buildings at the Town of Dartmouth’s Water Pollution Control Facility (WPCF) and remote pumping stations with respect to process, architectural, structural, electrical, HVAC and instrumentation. The deficiencies of equipment, structures and processes were identified based on condition, age, code compliance, operability, capacity and compliance with the latest NPDES permit.
Major upgrades and improvements included:
- Replacement of pumps in the influent pumping station
- Rehabilitation of the primary and secondary clarifiers
- installation of various pumps at the solids treatment train, rehabilitation of the composting facility
- Installation of 30,000 cfm multi-stage chemical packed bed odor control scrubber,
- rehabilitation of the biofilter
- Installation of new instrumentation and PLCs for level control and process monitoring at the WPCF influent and effluent pumping stations and four remote pumping stations
- Replacement of motor control centers at the WPCF and remote pumping stations and upgrades to existing HVAC systems.
FST’s scope of work also included performing engineering services during construction for this project. FST’s involvement included project management, preparation for and attendance at construction progress meetings, review of contractor submittals, and preparing responses to RFIs.
Owner: Town of Dartmouth
Location: Dartmouth, MA
Highlights: Based on the results of the evaluation, FST prepared bid documents for upgrades and improvements to the WPCF and four remote pumping stations.