- Bedford Pavement Management
- Route 3 Corridor Improvements
- Traffic Signal & Intersection Improvements at Route 105
- I-95 Safety Improvements
- Hopkinton Pavement Management
- Sagamore Rotary Grade Separation
- Central Artery/Tunnel
- Route 101 Traffic Calming
- I-495 Corridor Transportation Study
- Long Island Expressway Noise Barriers
NYSDOT Region 10, NY
- Railroad Lane Area Improvements
- New Castle Avenue
- Maple Street and Maple Avenue Roadway Improvements
- Nonantum Road Improvements
- Emergency Roadway Repairs
- Route 16 Chocorua Village Traffic Calming
- Toll Plaza Upgrades
Bedford & Merrimack, NH
- Exit 15, I-295 US-1 Interchange, Park and Ride Facility
- Broad Street Parkway
About this Project
Under contract to Massport, FST completed preliminary and final design of the East Boston/Chelsea Bypass Road. FST’s work began with the preparation of preliminary design drawings (30%) and construction documents for the construction of the haul road from Frankfort Street at Logan International Airport to Chelsea Street in East Boston.
FST provided a full complement of construction phase services including inspection of civil construction, retaining walls, roadway drainage, streetlighting, and the pumping station and equipment. FST provided review of technical submittals from the Contractor for general compliance with the contract documents.
As part of these construction phase services, FST has also:
- Reviewed and responded to Requests for Information (RFI) generated by the Contractor
- Reviewed “Base Schedule” and monthly schedule updates as prepared by the Contractor.
- Conducted the weekly/bi-weekly job meetings, prepared and distributed the minutes.
- Provided review of monthly requisitions as submitted by the Contractor. This included verifications of unit price and lump sum quantities.
- Provided review of change orders submitted by the Contractor.
- Obtained warranties, certifications, O&M packages, and test results. Prepared closeout punch list items.
- Reviewed Contractor prepared as-built drawings.
- Coordinated with subconsultants and abutting owners.
- Prepared daily and weekly construction reports.
Owner: Massachusetts Port Authority
Location: East Boston and Chelsea, Massachusetts
Highlights: An article in the local paper from November 30, 2012, marking the opening of the road, reported: “The opening of the Martin A. Coughlin Bypass Road marks a significant milestone in Massport’s commitment to minimize Logan Airport’s impact on our East Boston neighbors,” said Massport CEO Thomas Glynn. “Thousands of airport-related commercial vehicles will no longer use East Boston’s streets. Massport is proud to make Mr. Coughlin’s vision a reality for East Boston.”