- Route 3 Corridor Improvements
- Traffic Signal & Intersection Improvements at Route 105
- Hopkinton Pavement Management
- I-95 Safety Improvements
- Sagamore Rotary Grade Separation
- Central Artery/Tunnel
- Route 101 Traffic Calming
- I-495 Corridor Transportation Study
- Long Island Expressway Noise Barriers
NYSDOT Region 10, NY
- Railroad Lane Area Improvements
- New Castle Avenue
- Maple Street and Maple Avenue Roadway Improvements
- Nonantum Road Improvements
- Emergency Roadway Repairs
- Route 16 Chocorua Village Traffic Calming
- Toll Plaza Upgrades
Bedford & Merrimack, NH
- Exit 15, I-295 US-1 Interchange, Park and Ride Facility
- Broad Street Parkway
- Martin A. Coughlin Bypass Road
East Boston/Chelsea, MA
About this Project
FST provides the Town of Bedford with professional pavement engineering services including annual pavement management, program planning, and development. FST tracks the condition of each pavement segment in Town using network-level pavement management principles as a planning tool. The planning effort develops overall pavement maintenance and rehabilitation programs, justifies budget needs, and prioritizes schedules between backlogs and projected work.
Following network-level pavement management, FST conducted specific project-level pavement management evaluation. Project-level pavement management included pavement coring, test pit material sampling and non-destructive testing to develop repair alternatives and recommendations for maintenance, restoration, and reconstruction of pavements.
During construction, FST monitored field placement and performs quality assurance testing.
Owner: Town of Bedford
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Highlights: Fay, Spofford & Thorndike (FST) has worked with the Town of Bedford implementing and updating its Pavement Management System since 2006. In October of 2013, FST completed a 33% re-survey of the Town’s public roadway network, determined today’s average road network Pavement Condition Index (PCI), roadway repair backlog, and investigated three future funding scenarios.