Wastewater Treatment Facilities Projects:
- HVAC Improvements and Solar Photovoltaic Systems
Greater Lawrence Sanitary District
- Improvements to Water Pollution Control Facility & Remote Pumping Stations
- Water Pollution Control Facility
- Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- North Dorchester Bay CSO Facilities
North Dorchester Bay, MA
- Ultraviolet Disinfection
- Security Improvements
Deer Island, Boston Harbor, MA
Other Integrated Water Management Projects
About this Project
The project’s primary objective was to mitigate offensive odors from the Influent Screening area, which is part of the Administration and Maintenance Building. The objective was accomplished by determining the appropriate means of odor control and by implementing the facilities needed to mitigate the problem(s). The project was conducted in phases and included the following services:
- Conducting a Sampling and Analysis Program to determine the characteristics of wastewater and/or odorous air emissions that are offensive (and/or unsafe) to the occupants of the Influent Pumping Station and/or Administrative Areas.
- Developing an Atmospheric Dispersion Model to study the impacts of the odorous emissions on the surrounding neighborhood and to establish fence line criteria for odor concentrations that would eliminate neighborhood odor issues.
- Evaluation of Odor Control Alternatives with respect to technical performance and cost effectiveness to mitigate nuisance odors in the receptor areas.
- Development of Design Documents (plans, specifications and cost estimate) for the Odor Control system including all new equipment, modifications to and replacement of existing ductwork within the screen room. FST's design effort included development of existing conditions plans used to illustrate demolition work and as base drawings for new design features.
- Determination of procedures for Maintenance of Plant Operation (MOPO) during construction.
- Development of a Project Schedule.
- Assisting the Suffolk County DPW during the Bidding and Award of contract(s).
- Providing engineering and inspection services during construction and during the project performance evaluation period.
- Development of an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) manual.
Owner: Suffolk County, New York
Location: Babylon, New York
Highlights: The 30 MGD Bergen Point Wastewater Treatment Facility is the largest treatment facility in Suffolk County.